Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dreams DO come true...

Unfortunately!!!

Nope, this ain't one of those self-motivational entries that inspire and encourage people to go for their dreams because if you work hard enough, it will come true. Yes, yes i do believe in that, but today isn't the day for that.

I was involved in a car accident this morning on the way to college. For those of you who know where i live, please don't take the U-turn right outside my condo anymore. It is seriously a turning just waiting for accidents to happen. Marilyn encountered one while fetching me bout 2 months ago, and now it's my turn =(

A motorcycle rammed into my passenger door, shattering my window and denting my whole car door. He even managed to dent the back of my car, which baffles me.. how in the world did he manage to hit me in the front AND back but not the middle?? What more, his motorcycle only had a few scratches and a broken number plate. What kind of a mean lean machine was he riding???

The accident gave me flashes of a scene from One Tree Hill, where Lucas and Keith were hit on the passenger side by a truck. Thank God this was only a motorcycle! I'm also extremely grateful that i wasn't carrying a passenger, as the impact and the glass would have hurt that person badly. Anyway, i have a few minor cuts on my hands from the glass, but other than that i'm physically well. If you want to talk about my mental and emotional state, that's a whole different story........

Today I learnt about the few types of people you meet in accidents.
1. The salesman in disguise - One of the first people to approach you, he will befriend you by pretending to be caring and helpful. After you reject his offer to "help" you fix your car at his workshop, he walks away muttering "ah moi, you sendiri settle la"

2. The 8's (pat pohs) - They will poke their head in and ask everything from who, what, when, where, why, and how, and when they get their answers, they silently slip away without even offering condolences.

3. The sincere guys with nothing better to do on a bright sunny day - These 2 guys helped me to open my stuck car door, clean off some glass, straighten the metal by the broken window, adviced me not to touch the glass, told me where i could find workshops, and even stayed and chatted with me under the scorching sun until my dad came. They managed to make me laugh and lightened my mood =) When my dad arrived, they even told him that it wasn't my fault, and helped him check out the motorcycle. When things settled down, they simply told me that they should go, and said their goodbyes.

Anyway back to the title of this entry... something weird about this whole experience was that a few weeks before this, I was actually carrying around a really bad feeling of an accident waiting to happen. Whenever i was on the road and a car came a little too close to me, my heart would start pounding wildly. And the freakiest thing is that just this morning, I actually dreamt that I had an accident. Just before i woke up. (ya ya.. go out and start buying those 4D numbers now..)

In the dream, Justin drove a bright pink sports car with cartoons painted on it into my ROOM. Soon enough, Jase, CK and I were in the car, and i was driving the auto car for the first time (my car irl is manual). Because I wasn't sure how to drive an auto car, I rammed into someone's car and quickly ran off :P When i woke up, i was so frustrated, but calmed myself down by saying "it was only a dream...."

Yes, dreams do become a reality. *sob*

6 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Jasemaine said...

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So sorry to hear what has happened! But at the end of the day, AS LONG AS YOU'RE STILL IN ONE PIECE! That's all that matters!

Thank GOD!

:\

Poor ducky..

 
At March 22, 2006 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly....WOW thank god that he kept you safe...hope you are still keeping well...maybe god was tellin you a sign durin the dream :P kk....have to go now
luvya lots like vodka shots :)
rachel ur cuz
xoxox

 
At March 23, 2006 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 24, 2006 1:00 AM, Blogger lazydaze said...

jase : beak missing la :/

rach : i'm good.. i have alot to thank God for =)

juju : wah "regards".. why so formal? =P you drove the pink car into my room and asked me to keep it for you for awhile.. but instead i took it out for a spin. lol~

 
At March 24, 2006 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahha
icic

i tot why sudddenly im was in the dream.. haha..

 
At March 24, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger lazydaze said...

juju, sorry i had to delete your previous comment for certain reasons.. will tell you when i see you =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home