Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cake Me!!

Okla so I've been abit of a bad blogger.. You somehow realize that when a certain blog that was started after mine already has more than double the number of entries I have =/

Alright, so for the past 2 months, I've been on a Secret Recipe Challenge. My initial challenge was to try all of SR's cakes by the end of 2006. But recently my big mouth opened and I said I would finish it by 22 April. Erm.... at the current rate I'm going, I'm now stuffing my big mouth with duck feathers...

Because TC was being a lousy research assistant, I thought that I had 53 cakes to complete (and now he's gonna blame it on the poor SR cashier). So after I counted only 34 cakes on the menu, I fired him and officially set a new date for myself... July 28 2006, which would make it about half a year from when I first started =) Here's part of what I've accomplished so far...


Lemon Cheesecake.. apparently was the 'Cake of the Month' during March... wonder why it's still around in April...

Has delish melt-in-your-mouth cheese, but I didn't like the bits of lemon skin (or at least what seems like lemon skin) in the lemon sauce. Choking hazzard!!
4/10 quacks

Eh, the Lemon Cheesecake Kit Kat better la =P

Front: Tiramisu
URGHH can someone please explain to SR what a TIRAMISU is??? This is nothing but a coffee cream cake with too much cream =(
0.5/10 quacks

Back: Chocolate Indulgence
Creamy, rich Belgian chocolate with layers of white chocolate... oooooh rwraw!! *salivates*
7/10 quacks

Durian Durian
Ok I'm a durian lover, and this definitely did not have enough durian. Kudos for using real durian flesh though. Wouldn't mind trying it again since my dining partner ate it all up.
2/10 quacks

Classic Cheese
Mmmm... mascarpone cheese + cream cheese + chocolate sponge = ooolala
I remember it being good, but I don't remember the taste.... hmmmm......
5/10 quacks

So... Anyone up for more cake time with me...? 1-800-BITE-ME

4 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 8:48 AM, Blogger ~Typical IT Guy~ said...

Wow, considering you had those cakes ages ago, your memory is pretty impressive to be able to remember the taste and even ingredients of the various cakes!

In the defense of the poor falsely accused cashier, I think the 34 cakes are part of the base menu but SR does introduce seasonal cakes that are not available all year around (e.g. Lemon Cheesecake) Guess he included all those as well to come up with the grand total of 53!

Erm..hold on..further research shows that Qty of Main Courses + Qty of Cakes = 19 + 34 = 53!

Coincincidence? Hmmm...I dont think so...*grins*

 
At April 07, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Jasemaine said...

hehehe The chic is already in your list.. so no worries.

Gambatte in your cake quest~! I'm like your side-kick who doesnt have a sweet tooth

 
At April 07, 2006 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should've warned you about their "fake" Tiramisu since I was conned hook, line and sinker before. But then again, I wouldn't wanna spoil your fun of self-discovery. Haha...

Maybe they wanted to name it "Till I Miss You" but made a mistake of hiring a Japanese copywriter. Hence, Tir-A-Mis-U. HAHA...

Anyway, you should set another deadline after you've completed your challenge - lose 15 pounds by next CNY. Cos you might look like a fat Peking duck come July.

 
At April 07, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger lazydaze said...

dodo: i won't forget a good piece of cake :P Your defense of the accused cashier is a poor one.. reject!! Maybe he was trained to say "53!" everytime a customer asks about the menu.

Oooh.. someone did further research. Okla you're hired back for showing initiative.

chic: maybe by being my side-kick, your tooth will become sweet~

weng: ya ya your lameness finally made me laugh again after a dry spell. 15 pounds?? Just squeeze me real hard and maybe you'll get all the Peking duck oil outta me :P Instant liposuction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home