Saturday, August 26, 2006

candles in the mist

210806

The candles flickered in the dim light, radiating a beautiful, serene-like glow. I was hypnotized for awhile as it pulled me into its innocence. A sheep in a wolf's clothing, I say. A sheep that only a minute ago bit my finger with its flames.

Still in a slight trance, I finally looked up at the face behind the candles. 5 big ones and 7 small ones. And yet, her face assumed a child-like smile and twinkling eyes in the presence of the little dancing lights.

An off-tune melody strung from my left as he belted out the unforgiving song that has led her into her years. This was followed by a grunt of "OW!!" as his guitar smashed onto his big toe by accident.

I sat cross-legged on the couch with a smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

It was only the three of us on this night. Just like it has been for the last couple of years. At that brief moment, I was struck by a sudden weird thought...

"Is this how it feels like to be an only child in a happy family?"

7 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 1:28 AM, Blogger lazydaze said...

Wah... the first time no one had anything to say... maybe mum has no entertainment value.. *looks at ceiling* lalala~

 
At August 30, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger ~Typical IT Guy~ said...

Kesian, have to comment on your own post pulak. Your blog tak laku redi la...Hehe

 
At August 30, 2006 4:39 PM, Blogger lazydaze said...

Yalor... Maybe I should write more about you then.. Public interest leh =P

 
At August 30, 2006 5:08 PM, Blogger ~Typical IT Guy~ said...

Aha..I see you have officially sunken to a new low; publicizing your love life to get more readers...tsk tsk tsk

 
At September 01, 2006 12:09 PM, Blogger Kwok Weng said...

Correction, that is how it feels like to be in a happy family. It's instances like that when distinction between parents and children are blurred.

 
At September 12, 2006 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something odd just struck me when I was looking at your blog today. The title of this entry - Candles in the Mist. You got your inspiration from that movie "Gorillas in the Mist" didn't you? What's with you and primates???

 
At September 12, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger lazydaze said...

Well I first started getting associated with them the day I met you =)

Good one btw.. made me choke on my saliva. Don't think I've watched that show tho..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home