Thursday, August 24, 2006

my little miracle

It was the typical scenario - car behind, cars by side, me trying to reverse out from a freakin bukit parking space at HELP. The lot of people who have sat in my car know how much me and Manual Wanda loathe bukits.

Oh, and let's add ostrich-and-elephant rain to this scenario. Damn, why does it always rain floods when I'm wearing flats.

Anyway I was inching between the car parked by my side and the car parked behind me with my superb controls of accelerator+break+clutch. I was getting too close to the car behind, so since I was headed uphill, I accelerated with gusto twice to get more space behind. And when I finally had enough space to turn out, I looked down and realized...

oh. sweet. Lord.

My gear was on reverse *insert horrified screaming emoticon here*

How in the world Manual Wanda moved forward uphill instead of crashing solemnly into the shiny expensive fine-tuned car behind me when I accelerated while my gear was in reverse mode has left me ... extremely appreciative.

i guess God knows i'm broke.

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2006 7:58 PM, Blogger Jasemaine said...

HAHAHAHH I can really imagine the scenario.. Close call..

But yeah, Maybe God knows your broke.. God is good.

:)

Glad you're ok ducko. Glad Wanda is ok too.

 
At August 25, 2006 10:36 AM, Blogger ~Typical IT Guy~ said...

Thank God for small miracles...

Although I might have a scientific explanation though but nevertheless it would still require divine intervention =)

Glad you managed to get home without incident..

 
At August 25, 2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo!!! kmen in da hse... must admit... took me a 2nd reading to finally un that u didn't crash the fine, shiny car... sorry but kmen's brain has already shifted to gear 1 for the weekend...

so neway.. god loves u... and may good luck prevail!!!

 
At August 28, 2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you very lamely why Wanda moved forward uphill - she was all "geared up" for the task. You know, gear...up. HAHAHAHAHAHA...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home