Saturday, April 15, 2006

Where did the magic go?

It seems like the magic is slowly losing its sparkle in my eyes as I grow older. It still makes me smile and feel warm all over, but I worry that I'm gonna lose that feeling one day =(


My favourite Disney movies of all time are The Fox & The Hound, The Aristocats, The Lion King, Pocahontas and Brother Bear. They were and still are capable of making me cry! I wonder if Disney will continue to make more of these beautiful cartoons in the future, or are they gonna move on to cold, nonsensical animations like The Wild?

I've never really had a strong connection with Mickey Mouse himself, but the legion of cartoon characters that were created because of this mouse fulfilled my childhood and is now emotional and mental... erm.. torture. Do you know how much I wanted Stitch or Koda to be real?? And how about John Smith, Beast, Aladdin and the rest of the prince charmings? All nonexistent!! ACK!!

Disney On Ice on 11th April brought back so many memories.. beautiful songs and beautiful characters, with Mulan being one of the best parts. But overall, it somehow seemed to lack certain feeling...

And I think that's just me losing the magic.

Sigh.

How can anyone outgrow Disney..?

---@---

Now, theatre plays I'm growing into. ROJAK was interesting, entertaining and one skit in particular downright freaky. I loved the twisted endings, the controversial issues and the sarcasm in many of the skits. Each story had a message to convey, the freaky skit being the one I had trouble figuring out. Even my dear insider friend Erin The Stage Manager doesn't know =.= All in all well worth the money and time, and I'm looking forward to their next play. KLPac's surrounding area is quite pretty at night btw, but someone got jealous of my photography skills and is thus keeping all the pictures for himself....

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger ~Typical IT Guy~ said...

Hmm...I dont think children actually outgrow Disney as they grow older, they just learn to appreciate it in a different way.

But I must admit, the latest productions by Disney dont seem to be up to par with their previous shows. If anyone has seen Mulan 2 or Pocahontas 2, guess they'll know what i'm talking about.

Ahem..about the photographs, haven't you heard of the term, "Ask and Ye Shall Receive" =)

 
At April 15, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger lazydaze said...

Ahem.. haven't you heard of the term "Sharing is Caring"? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home